- Use both mouse controls and tray controls to move the key to the key lock.
- Watch the short video for additional help.
Explore Mouse Controls:
The mouse controls are more visual for students and appropriate when first learning about rigid transformations.
- Translate: Drag the key.
- Reflect: Click key. Click/hold "Reflect button". Drag about the key for various lines of reflection.
- Rotate: Click key. Click/hold "Rotate" button. Drag about the blue dot either clockwise or counter clockwise.
Explore Tray Controls:
The tray controls are more abstract. Students describe the transformations. Then "see" the results.
- Click the "translate" button. Change the "x" and 'y" controls to the desired position. CLICK THE CKECK ICON!
- Click the "rotate" button. Click either the clockwise/counter clockwise directions multiple times for 90 degree increments.
- Click the "reflect" button. Choose either about a vertical or horizontal line. Use the "x" or "y" controls to indicate the line of reflection.
Explore Built-In Puzzles:
- In the menu, click "Select a puzzle."
- Then select a puzzle to play!
Create your own Key-Lock Puzzle for others to solve:
- Click the Menu. Click Create a puzzle.
- Set the shape and enable/disable mouse controls.
- Set the controls for where the key will start. Click the "rotate" and "reflect" buttons to position it.
- Do the same for the key hole goal
- Add or delete walls!
- Adding multiple walls will layer them on top of each other. Drag them to reposition them.
- Double click walls to rotate.
- Click/hold a wall for color menu selection. Drag arrows to lengthen/shorten the wall. Click color palette to select a color.
- In the menu, click "Save."
- Copy the URL and paste in the google spreadsheet.